After heartfelt deliberation, Forest Web and our co-sponsors of the Climate Action Town Hall have decided it is in the public interest to cancel the event this Saturday.
Based on the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19 this is the best course of action to protect our community from what we don't know--how many people are being or have been exposed at this point. New cases are popping up very quickly, and as a coalition, we feel it is best to take this preventative measure.
Until such time as it is deemed safe, we will postpone an in-person town hall, but we will be looking into the possibility of hosting a live-stream presentation by our speakers on Saturday. We know this is not what we envisioned for the next step in our campaign for a carbon neutral Cottage Grove, but we feel it is important to find some way to make the information available. A notification will be sent out as soon as the details are settled.
We plan to reschedule this event as soon as the current health crisis has passed, and hope you will all be willing to join us at that time.
It is with great reluctance and sadness that we have made this decision.
Cristina Hubbard, Executive Director